This course will take the mystery out of who is a tax preparer, and how that individual is regulated by Circular 230.
After completing this course, the student will:
- Recognize what is professional responsibility in tax preparation
- Realize what tax preparer’s responsibilities are to the taxpayer
- Understand the tax preparer qualification and the different representation rights
- Comprehend the due diligence requirements for refundable credits
- Identify the consequences of preparing fraudulent tax returns