Dates: Nov. 8 - 10, 2021
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm PST
This 3-day live webinar will give the attendee 10 hours of tax law, 2 hours of Ethics, and 6 hours of AFTR. To complete the AFSP program you will take the AFTR Exam online. Complete the course by Dec 31, 2021 to be put on the IRS National Database. Covered in the 10 hours of tax law are Individual & Business Income; Itemized Deductions; Business Entities; Tax Implications of COVID-19 and much more.
- Understand the importance of professional responsibility in tax return preparation.
- Identify the characteristics of a tax return preparer.
- Differentiate between an enrolled and an unenrolled tax preparer.
- Understand where to report wages and other compensation.
- Differentiate earned vs. unearned income.
- Understand the guidelines between an independent contractor and an employee.
Field of Study: Federal Tax Law, Behavioral Ethics, and 6-hour AFTR course
Course Level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: General tax preparation knowledge is required
Delivery Method: Live Webinar
About the AFSP
The AFSP is an annual voluntary program for tax return preparers. It aims to recognize the efforts of non-credentialed tax return preparers who aspire to a higher level of professionalism.
How do I obtain an AFSP-Record of Completion for Filing Season?
• Take a six (6) hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) course that covers filing season issues and tax law updates, as well as a knowledge-based comprehension test administered at the end of the course by the CE Provider.
• Take ten (10) hours of other federal tax law topics; and
• Take two (2) hours of ethics.
• Have an active preparer tax identification number (PTIN).
• Consent to adhere to Circular No. 230.
Expiration Date to earn AFSP CEs: December 31, 2021. Midnight local time.