Our Bilingual Express Tax Course provides office staff training, allowing business owners to quickly train last-minute preparers to handle the deluge of clients coming through their doors right away. Train your receptionists to do data entry on tax returns for clients waiting for a preparer.
- New preparers who need a Crash Course
- Preparers who need to be trained quickly
- Late hires
- Late December, early January course
This course covers the basics of federal tax. Topics covered in the course are Introduction to the American Tax System, interviewing techniques to determine taxpayer filing status, certain common refundable and non-refundable tax credits, and an income overview. Behavioral Ethics is included in this course. This course offers a section on training your office staff. Office staff training covers how to answer the phones, suggestions on how to handle dropped-off tax returns, and money handling procedures.
At the end of this course, the student will be able to do the following:
- Explain how a nonrefundable credit affects the taxpayer’s tax liability.
- Recognize what is professional responsibility in tax preparation.
- Realize what the tax preparer’s responsibilities are to the taxpayer.
Field of Study: Federal Tax Law 8 Hours, Behavioral Ethics 2 Hours
Course Level: Basic
Prerequisite: General tax preparation knowledge is required.
Delivery Method: Self-Study
Expiration Date to earn CEs: October 1, 2022.