THIS IS A PRESELL, CONTENT WILL BE READY AFTER JULY 2022
Deadline: LTP encourages you to complete this course by December 29th to allow time for reporting credits and any support. The IRS deadline to complete is December 31st*.
This course is designed to satisfy the 6-Hour course and test requirement of the Annual Filing Season Program. This program is designed to follow the 3 domains that have been predetermined by the IRS and qualify for the AFTR portion of the IRS Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) Course. The student will complete an online open-book 100-question, 3-hour timed test.
In order to receive your LTP Certificate of Completion, you must complete the course, online review questions, and pass the 100-question timed test with a 70% or better. You are allowed to take the test 4 times without being issued a new test. Use your reference guide as a test tool. Your LTPA certificate is suitable for framing and should be displayed proudly in your office!
Need the full 18 hours of the Annual Filing Season Program? Click here to view our bundle.
*The IRS deadline to complete this course is December 31st at midnight your local time, however, keep in mind our office closes on 12/31 at 5 pm PST | 8 pm EST | 6 pm MT | 7 pm CT. Hours that are completed by the IRS deadline will be reported on the following day.
LTP will upload continuing education hours to the IRS provided that you have entered your name and PTIN (preparer tax identification number) correctly on your profile page. If you have not provided us with your PTIN, we will contact you via email on your account. If you do not respond to the email, your hours will not be uploaded to the IRS.
In order for the LTP staff to upload the continuing education hours, you need to download your certificate. If you forgot to enter your PTIN, you may email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please enter the PTIN INFO AFTR course. The information needed is your name as it appears on your PTIN and your PTIN number. Please do not send your Certificate of Completion to the IRS.
How do I obtain an AFSP – Record of Completion?
3. Consent to adhere to specific practice obligations outlined in Subpart B and section 10.51 of Treasury Department Circular No. 230.
- Established state-based return preparer program participants currently with testing requirements: Return preparers who are active registrants of the Oregon Board of Tax Practitioners, California Tax Education Council, and/or Maryland State Board of Individual Tax Preparers.
- SEE Part I Test-Passers: Tax practitioners who have passed the Special Enrollment Exam Part I within the past two years.
- VITA/TCE volunteers: Quality reviewers, instructors, and return preparers with active PTINs.
- Other accredited tax-focused credential-holders: The Accreditation Council for Accountancy and Taxation’s Accredited Business Accountant/Advisor (ABA) and Accredited Tax Preparer (ATP) programs.
Learn at your own pace, read or watch the lessons, pass the exams.
Learn on your phone, tablet, or computer.
All our courses are available in English y español.
No matter where you’re at in your career, we have courses for you.
Simple Learner Experiences
Prendo365 gives you access to your course anytime, anywhere, on desktop, tablet, or mobile device. You're able to easily navigate through your course and receive your certificate of completion.
Why choose us
Over 35+ years tax preparation experience
We know what tax preparers need to succeed in their office
7+ EA’s and tax preparers on staff
Our team does extensive research to ensure you receive the best education
Bilingual live support
Having technical issues? We're ready to help you get started and complete your course.