This course is designed for California tax professionals who have already completed 10-hours of federal tax law; 2 hours of ethics; and 3 hours of updates. This online self-study course is approved by the California Tax Education Council (2080-CE-0004) and fulfills the 5-hours of California Tax Law requirement. The course is not complete until the student hours have been reported to CTEC.
Topics include California income, business income, an overview of 540 Schedule CA, itemized deductions what do you add or subtract from the federal income, and other taxes.
At the end of this course, the student will be able to do the following:
- Understand how California taxes “worldwide income”.
- Know when military income is taxable.
- Define an income subtraction on 540 Schedule CA.
- Describe an income that is an addition on 540 Schedule CA.
- Explain the difference between California and Federal business income.
Field of Study: California Tax Law
Course Level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: General tax preparation knowledge is required.
Delivery Method: Self-Study
Expiration Date to earn CEs: October 31, 2022.
No Federal hours