This session provides an overview of miscellaneous taxes from Form 1040 and reported on Schedule 2 that a taxpayer might be assessed. This includes excess Social Security tax, additional taxes on IRAs, the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT), and household employment taxes.
At the end of this course, the student will be able to do the following:
- Understand how to complete Schedule 2 of Form 1040.
- Explain when a taxpayer must repay the Premium Tax Credit.
- Understand the taxability of excess Social Security.
- Identify when a taxpayer must pay an additional tax on IRAs.
- Explain when to use Schedule H.
Field of Study: Federal Tax Law 1 Hour
Course Level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: General tax preparation knowledge is required
Delivery Method: Self-Study
Expiration Date to earn CEs: June 30, 2022.